2017 | A FRESH START
A new year has just begun and I'm determined to make the most of it. I don't do resolutions because I know I'm not disciplined enough to keep them, but over the last couple years, I have chosen a word. Last year that word was COURAGE and I feel as though I did a great job of living that out. My word for this year is ACTION and I can't wait to start making things happen and creating more experiences. This was kind of a no-brainer though. In 2016, I started a non-profit, Radiant Hope so it seems fitting to take things a step further, to take action and continue to bring the vision to life. However, as I've reflected on this word, I realized there are a lot of things that the word ACTION brings significance to.
I want to take action and:
- Spend more quality time with Ricky, and other friends and family
- Turn off social media, be present, and make memories
- Practice hospitality + my love for "slow living"
- Take Radiant Hope to the next level
- Write/Read/Create/BLOG more
- Continue to own my story and get free from shame
- Love myself and others better than I ever have before
- Be consistent in doing yoga
- Heal from my deepest wounds
- Become a better photographer + storyteller
- ....And the list goes on and on and on
In essence, I want to start living more in real life and less behind a screen. I want to grow in my creative giftings and produce beautiful things for the world to see. I want to love my family and friends well. I simply want to take action on the things that matter. Here's to a fresh start, a new year, and new opportunities to live like we've never lived before. Cheers, my friends!